Friday, March 2, 2018

Canvas Corp Brands - Coffee Challenge & Tattered Angels Video!

Hello! I hope you've all had a fantastic week! I'm sharing a couple recent projects I've created for Canvas Corp Brands, which includes 7gypsies, Tattered Angels and Canvas Corp. There are so many fantastic goodies these companies have - it's certainly not hard to create beautiful things with such a great selection!

First up is a Crew Challenge we had over at the Creative Studio blog - Tea & Coffee, and our challenge was to use real tea or coffee in our project! I love both tea and coffee, but if I had to choose then coffee would win 😉 so I created a gift set for my husband's birthday that used Canvas Corp Brand papers and canvas fabric along with Tattered Angels mists and real coffee grounds and beans.


I used the pretty TA Glimmer Mists to make a watercolour background and layered on some CC Coffee Papers before mixing coffee ground with UTEE to create a custom embossing powder to use on a CTMH coffee ring stamp. I used a PPPR coffee cup cutfile and the cool TA corrugated mistable paper to create this neat layered cup. A few pretty SpiegelMom Scraps sequins add a bit of finishing bling along with some real coffee beans.


Inside, I used the coffee ring stamp along with a Pretty Pink Posh sentiment and the Java Great Day by Pretty Cute Stamps.


My hubby has a couple stainless steel coffee mugs he uses to drink his coffee and tea and his hands always get cold so I wanted to make him a custom Coffee Sleeve that he could adjust to fit both mugs. I used the printed Canvas Corp 12x12 Beans & Bags Canvas Sheet and a Pinterest Pattern HERE to stitch this up for him. (Just as an FYI I would make the pattern a bit longer if I was to make it again.) He loved his card & gift when he opened them for his birthday!


The second project I'm sharing is 'How To Make 15 Backgrounds With Tattered Angels' over on the Tattered Angels YouTube channel. This was a fun project to make using Tattered Angels Mists and Paints. There are literally so many possibilities! Just think about how many projects you could whip up once you had a bunch of backgrounds completed. 


Here's a look at the video where I take you through all the steps to create each background:


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

Linked to:


2 comments:

  1. Karla.. this is sooo COOL! What a Fantastic Coffee Cozy and Card for your hubby! The details on the card on just Fantastic and I love all the backgrounds you created too... they are so colorful and can see so many projects being made with them! Have a terrific Weekend!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coffee cozy is so beautiful!! And what a perfect card to accompany it!! The corrugated cardboard is a perfect touch!! And the backgrounds are all stunning!! I can't wait to see what you create with them!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete