Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Birthday Monster Card & Tag!

Hello! I hope you're enjoying your week so far :) This is our last week before school starts back - and my littlest will be starting Kindergarten!! OMG how did that happen?!! We've had beautiful weather and are definitely enjoying the last of the 'summer'. We even went camping this past weekend with friends and had a lot of fun. This camping trip has turned into a bit of a tradition where about 5 families get together, and we've managed to keep it going for the past five years!
I'm back today to share this super sweet digi image I Didn't Eat It Yet Birthday Monster from GSD Stamps. This is the August challenge image, and if you decide to link it up over at the August Challenge, you'll get the next month's image FREE! How cool is that!


I coloured this cutie up with Prismacolor and Hobby Colour Markers, which are alcohol based and layered him (or her!) over a background I created with watercolour paper and Distress Oxide Inks. I stamped on a sentiment using a Recollections clear stamp from Michaels.

The great thing about digi stamps is being able to resize them so easily! I printed off a little baby monster and created a coordinating gift tag. Of course I had to add some SpiegelMom Scraps sequins!!

The Distress Oxides work beautifully either on watercolour paper or on the manilla tag. We always have lots of birthdays coming up after back to school starts, so I wanted to get a bit of a head start ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you're having a great week. And I'm sending hugs and prayers for all those affected by the flooding in other parts of the world.

Linked to:
GSD August Challenge
FFC #203 - AG
DL Art - Thankful Thursday August Challenge
Word Art Wednesday - #296/297 AG


6 comments:

  1. Your card and tag are so beautiful!! I love the adorable monsters!! So cute!! And what fabulous pictures of your camping trip!! It looks like so much fun!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH... Your card & Tag are ADORABLE Karla!! I LOVE that sweet little Monster... I should really go pick it up cuz it's too cute not too!! :) And the pictures you shared look awesome! I can see how much fun everyone had! Sounds like a great Campin' Trip! Have a great day! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a monster nut! Love these guys and your super fun watercoloring! Amazing cards. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like some wonderful summertime memories you are having! I am sure the kiddos are having a blast! Love all the great pics!
    Your card and tag is so darn cute! I love the fun monster..so stinken cute!
    have a great wknd!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, my, these are just sooooo adorable!! Love the colors you've used and the background on the tag is fabulous! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun camping trip. You captured it beautifully. I love the backgrounds you made for the monster card and tag. Thank You for joining the DL.ART September Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete