Sunday, November 27, 2016

With Sugar On Top Scrapbook Layout!

I hope all my US friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend! I had lots of fun playing in the 15 Minutes 2 Scrap with SpiegelMom Scraps this weekend. It is such a great community of creative, crafty girls, and one worth checking out! There were some awesome challenges and lots of inspiration going on as well as some great sales over at the SpiegelMom Scraps Store! I'll post a code below for the Cyber Monday Sale!

One of the challenges was to create an 8 1/2 x 11 layout using gold letters, a stencil, and mixed media. This was a bit of a challenge since I'm a 12 x 12 scrapbooker! But it was definitely fun, and I love how it turned out. I started off using a sketch from the October Sketchy Challenge on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine website and adapted it to fit my page. Using an off white background I stenciled white snowflakes using a Dina Wakley stencil and white Ranger texture paste in three different clusters on my page and then splattered some pretty Christmas coloured mists on my page using Tattered Angels Mists in Sage and Wild Currant along with some Tim Holtz Mica Mist. I also used the Glimmer Mists to colour in the seam binding ribbon on my journaling tag.


I used the gumdrop stamps from the Pretty Cute Stamps Gingerbread House clear stamp set on some white cardstock that I had misted with the Glimmer Mists, as well as a couple sentiments - one stamped directly onto my photo. The diecuts are from the Winter Frolic Cricut cartridge, which was a free cut of the week. I created three distinct clustered areas on my layout with the stenciled areas, diecuts, stamps and sequins to create a visual triangle around my photos.

For the gold lettering element, I used Emerald Creek Charred Gold embossing powder on my diecut letters. This embossing powder is fantastic! I love the gold with pops of black in it.  I was so excited to recently pick up this embossing powder, Gold Confetti SpiegelMom Scraps sequins and amazing Holiday Style patterned papers from the new Canadian Wild Whisper Shop, and to use all these wonderful goodies on my layout! I had lots of fun using these pretty papers on my diecut images and fussy cutting out the pretty stars from one of the papers. I even added a bit of sugary Stickles to my letters for some extra detail.

Here's that code for the SpiegelMom Scraps Store if you feel like doing a little Cyber Monday shopping ;) 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! As December approaches we're looking forward to doing lots of Christmas activities and enjoying a happy Holiday season once again. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and have a creative and joyful week ahead!

Linked to:
Emerald Creek Dares - AG (You can get 10% off your order at the Emerald Creek Store just by entering!)
Lasting Memories December Challenge - Glitter and Glam
DL Art - Nov Linky Challenge
CHNC - #309 Use a Sentiment - Christmas themed
CHNC Challenge Extra - Nov Link Up AG Christmas
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday
PDE Linky Party - Anything But A Card
SSS Wednesday Challenge - Christmas To Die For (diecut & Christmas)
SSS Monday Challenge - Trio Tastic (3 clustered areas of embellishments)
DCD - AG
Creative Scrapbooker Magazine - October 2016 Sketch


10 comments:

  1. Super cute!! Congrats on your TOP 3 from October. Sorry it took so long to announce. I think we are on top of it this month. :) Always enjoy your fun layouts and thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Karla!! The pictures are adorable!! I love the lettering and all of the details you added!! Sweet and fabulous!! Thank you so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous layout! The background texture looks awesome and love all the amazing details!The gold embossing on the die cut letters are so fun and add a pop! The pictures are so sweet! Awesome memories for these little ones!
    Thanks for sharing...this is adorable Karla!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Layout! You are always up to the Challenge Karla! :) LOVE the gold and adorable pics! Fabulous as always! Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a super cute layout! Love the title and that photo of your girls is too cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories and at PDE Linky Party! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun layout, love the stenciled snowflakes on the background and the texture added by the seam binding, thank you for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I love your headline! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a stunning layout and super sweet photos. Love the title work that you did. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layout....great for our Glitter & Glam challenge. Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories!!!

    ReplyDelete