Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Heartfelt Creations Flowers!

Hey there crafty friends! I recently was so lucky to win a prize of Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies from Why Not Win Wednesday at Creative Scrapbooker Magazine. I have to admit I had never used these awesome sets before, so it was a real treat to play with them! I watched a couple YouTube videos and I was on my way ;)

 I started off by first stamping and then diecutting the Blazing Poppy stamps and then cut out the stamped images with the coordinating dies (not shown). I stamped on a red ombre cardstock, but you could use a solid colour cardstock or colour your own with Distress Inks.

I used Distress Ink to ink the back of my stamped image, which I probably didn't have to do, but I wasn't sure if it would show on the finished flower.

I used a stylus to create dimension on my petals, first on the back and then after turning over I rounded them into the middle. I spritzed them with water beforehand - you can notice the reaction from the Distress Ink - to make them more pliable.

 I layered the petals together to create two different size flowers and glued them in the centers.

I used some Yellow Izink to add a bit of yellow colour close to the center of the flowers and then used matte medium to glue some pretty beads from 28 Lilac Lane in the centers.

Finally, I added some silver Stickles to my petals and voila - they are ready to go! 

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you have a lovely crafty week!


1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW Karla! They look AMAZING!!! Beautiful flowers... glad you showed step by step.... I can't wait to see what you put these on... Maybe a Layout??? Hummm ? :) Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete