Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Gingerbread Christmas Cards!

Well, I think it's that time! Christmas is really not that far away, so I want to get my Christmas cards done in the next couple weeks so I can use December to make some crafts and gifts and do lots of holiday activities with the kids.

I was inspired by some cards Angie at My Chic'n Scratch made using one sheet of patterned paper to create four cards and a cute little gift box! You add in your own cardstock for the base of the cards. I created a different focal image on the front of mine, but used her directions to make the bases for my cards and box.

After I covered the card bases with Believe paper from Heidi Swapp I used my Cricut Explore to cut these sweet gingerbread cutouts from the Cricut Gingerbread cartridge. I used coloured pencils to colour in some of the areas of my cookies and then used Glossy Accents to add a shine over top. Some Stickles on my wreath and trees add some more shimmer!

I used the inner cuts from the tree to create a tag cut from kraft cardstock. A couple stripes of this fun Christmas paper and a bit of candy cane twine give it a festive look tied to this quick and easy box.


Here's a close up of all four cards:

Thanks so much for joining me today! Don't forget to stop by the Scrapendipity blog to see what's happening over there!

Linked to:
Die Cuttin' Divas - #243 Tag, Bag or Box (my tag with diecut Christmas Tree)
CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge - November Link Up
DL Art - Thankful Thursday November Challenge - AG



8 comments:

  1. Now these look awesome! LOVE the design... looks like they didn't take you much time at all... but so festive and perfect for the holidays! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, these cards are all just darling! They are all super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. I have that cartridge, but have never used it. Happy Thanksgiving. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes November Linky Challenge Katie-DL.ART- DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of cards and an awesome tag too! Thank you for joining our “Tag, Bag, or Box” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great thanks for playing along st CHPPC xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete