Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Do What You Love Prima Doll Tag!

Hi there! I'm posting over at the Scrapendipity Way Of  Life blog today and wanted to share this sweet tag I made over the summer! We were actually away on holidays, and I wanted to bring a small kit of craft supplies to work on if I had time. I brought along a couple 6x6 pads of patterned paper, some script background paper to stamp my dolls on, and some Prima Paper Doll stamps by Julie Nutting, along with a few pens, ink, Prismacolor markers, glue and some bakers twine. I paper pieced this sweet girl's clothing and hairband from a new Maggie Holmes paper pad I brought. I stashed all my supplies in a 12x12 Iris tote.


I cut the buttons from some Jillibean Soup patterned paper and layered them on my tag, and I even snagged a couple pony beads from my kids' stash to use on my bow. A glittery gel pen added some shine to my project for added detail.

I hand cut pretty flowers from the Maggie Holmes pad and layered on a banner with a handwritten quote, adding that same shimmery gel pen to highlight the words.

I loved having a few supplies with me, perfect for when we wanted to just take a break from activities. I love making up small kits to take along, and I think it makes me even more creative when I know I have a limited amount of supplies to work with! My girls also had fun stamping and colouring in some paper dolls to play with :)

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you have a lovely, crafty week!


1 comment: