Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Enjoy Today Art Journal!

I am super pumped that I finally got to try out the creamy, dreamy Dylusions Paints! If you haven't yet and are interested in them, let me tell you - you are going to love them! I gathered a bunch of supplies I was thinking of using and just decided to plunge in and see where it took me. I wanted to just play around with them, so what better place to do that than the Dylusions Art Journal!


 First I started off by painting the left page white and the right black. Then I used the two blues to sponge over a Heidi Swapp Enjoy stencil and some Distress Paints to sponge over a Tim Holtz stencil on the white page. On the left I used both blue Dylusions paints and some Cracked Pistachio to sponge over a scrolly Tim Holtz stencil. I think this was my fav colour combo - and the black behind it looks awesome! I used some Abandoned Coral and some yellow Distress Paint over the Today Heidi Swapp stencil.


This is the first page completed - I added some background stamps, Ranger Texture Paste through a Dylusions stencil, and some of the beautiful ribbon I received from Karen over at Little Scrap Pieces!  I love these Dylusions fashion stamps and I thought they'd go perfectly on these pages. I paper pieced them with some papers from my stash and glued them onto my pages. A Dylusions sentiment stamp and a Heidi Swapp shiny silver sticker finished it off!


On my second page I added some stamped images using Memento Lux Wedding Dress white ink - I absolutely love how this stamps so beautifully on the black background! To give my paper piecing shading and definition I added some Distress Markers around the edges.


Here's a look at both pages open in my journal -

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you're inspired to try out something new - maybe these fun paints or a stencil, or maybe just to get some fun goodies out of your stash and see where it takes you!

Linked to:
Little Scrap Pieces - show it off Saturday


5 comments:

  1. KARLLLLAAAAA...this looks so beautiful. I adore art journaling. I've given it a go a few times but nothing I ever did looked like this! WOWZERS so beautiful. Great use of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Raven! It's really just playing around and it just came together this time, lol!

      Delete
  2. KARLLLLAAAAA...this looks so beautiful. I adore art journaling. I've given it a go a few times but nothing I ever did looked like this! WOWZERS so beautiful. Great use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages are so awesome- wow, once again you showed how talented you are.

    ReplyDelete