Monday, April 13, 2015

FCCB #249- Welcome Spring

Welcome to another Challenge Me Monday...


Challenge #249 Welcome Spring
Make a project using whatever reminds you of Spring!

This Weeks Sponsor:


Winner will receive one Craftin Desert Diva's stamp set of their choice!
(USA address only)

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.


For my project this week I decided to make an art journal page. I used the Home For The Holidays Spring & Summer cartridge for the 'Spring Has Sprung' cut and the Florals Embellished cartridge for the flowers and butterfly. I cut everything from watercolour paper and then used Dylusions sprays on them to colour them in bright spring colours. I spritzed with Perfect Pearls spray mist over top of the Dylusions sprays to blend and add some shine - I love this effect!



My background pages were pages that I just had previously rubbed left over sprays on after stencilling other pages. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with these pages, and this turned out to be the perfect opportunity! I used a Heidi Swapp stencil and a shimmery gold spray over top of the background to spray the sunray stencil. I added Dylusions stamps and sentiments and then coloured them in with Dylusions sprays using a paint brush dipped directly into the spray. My diecut flowers are lined up down the middle of the first page, right in the middle of the sunray!

I used Mod Podge to layer the watercolour diecuts on my background after stamping and sponging the new Pistachio Distress Ink all over my pages.

 I hope Spring really has sprung here in Alberta, Canada! I'm ready for sure!!

Thanks so much for joining me today! Be sure to head over to the Fantabulous Cricut Blog and check out what all the other talented Design Team Members have done - and enter your own project with at least one Cricut cut! I hope you enjoy your week :)

Linked to:
Little Scrap Pieces -Show It Off Saturday
613 Avenue Create - AG (1st entry)
Create & Inspire - #18 AG (2nd entry)
Party Time Tuesdays - #197 AG (1st entry)
4 Crafty Chicks - #241 Die Cuts (2nd entry)
Jo's Scrap Shack - #83 Florals & Butterflies
Little Red Wagon - #284 Spring Is In The Air
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - In the Middle (on my first page - diecut flowers)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - April Showers/Spring Flowers


11 comments:

  1. Karla this is so stunning! I just love how you incorporated those beautiful Cricut cuts into the art journal. I love the colors, the shimmer-it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karla, such a beautiful pages! I love it when a plan comes together :)

    You used so many techniques that I am itching to try. I just have to sit down and do it,I have all of them hoarded currently!!

    Thanks for playing at ~Jo's Scrap Shack~

    Happy crafting!!
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright card, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just stunning! I looooove vibrant colours and your card is the queen of vibrancy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright beautiful and wonderful. Great job and the dies you used are awesome. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
    Cheers,
    Leanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, beautiful journalling pages love the spring colours
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just wonderful and gorgeous!!! So glad to have you taking part in our Fun~Day Friday Challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bright and colourful. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely vibrant colors and so pretty! Beautiful journal pages. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful artwork! And I hope Spring has Sprung for us all too :) Thanks for playing along with Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation and so colorful! Thanks so much for participating in our Party Time Tuesday Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete