Sunday, November 30, 2014

Easy Embossing Folder Cards!

Well, winter is definitely underway at our house! The kids have been sick (that always seems to happen at this time), but are now feeling better; the weather is very wintry out; and the Christmas tree is up!  When I lived in Nova Scotia I never put my tree up early. Mostly because I always had a real tree.  Here in Alberta it is so much more expensive for a real tree - being that there are not as many forests as on the East Coast, so we have our lovely fake tree!

I thought I'd share these quick and easy embossed cards with you today. I have had these Christmas embossing folders for a while now, but for some reason couldn't find the right way to use them. I got out my Distress Inks and sponges and was really surprised at how easy these came together!

For the first one I used some small finger sponge daubers to give me a little more control and just lightly sponged on the ink. I added a few yellow Stickles to the flower centers and it was done!


Inside I heat embossed a piece of vellum with my Believe sentiment.

For the second I used the larger Tim Holtz sponge applicators and 3 different shades of ink. You could use the small ones again though and shade each group of words individually. I had a Christmas sticker from a few years back and attached it to the front with some pretty gold ribbon. Done!


A quick stamped greeting on the inside, highlighted with white gel pen.



I hope you're enjoying your weekend! I can't believe it's December 1st tomorrow....!

Linked to:

DL Art - Thankful Thursday November Linky Challenge
Little Scrap Pieces - AG Nov 29/14
Pile It On - Sprinkle It On (white embossing powder inside 1st card)


3 comments:

  1. Wow - lovely cards and fabulous pics - looks like you're going to have a wonderful Christmas.
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 205 - hope to see you again soon. And what sweet photos of the little one with the tree. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, this embossed inked cards look great. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. Hope to see you around.
    Cheers,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete