Friday, October 17, 2014

Pretty Cute Stamps - October Sneak Peek - New 3x4 sets!

I am super excited to bring you this sneak peek for the Pretty Cute Stamps Blog! I've been lucky enough to be able to use two of the new 3x4 sets from the Pretty Cute Stamps Store that are part of the October release.  These stamps are so perfect to use with scrapbooking and Project Life style pocket pages! And of course, I can think of a million ways to use them with cards too!

For my project, I chose to create a scrapbook layout and a pocket scrapbook page of my third daughter, Erica's birth day.  I felt bad recently when her 7 year old sister was looking at her baby album and Erica (who will be 3 in two months) kept asking, "is that one me?, is that one me?".  So, after seeing these darling stamp sets, it was just the inspiration I needed to start. I used a Recollections paper pad from Michaels, Fabulous Girl, which is actually the same as a Simple Stories line, as well as some chipboard diecuts and acetate tags I had in my stash.

Pocket Page:

I stamped this fun outline stamp on watercolour paper and then put some Dylusions Spray Inks on my craft mat with some water and added it with a paintbrush to create a watercolour effect background.  These heart stamps are awesome! I cut them out and popped some of them up to layer on my journalling card.

 I can think of so many uses for this cool stamp!

This card was in the paper pack and I layered on some acetate tags and another awesome stamp, which I watercoloured around the edge of.

For my layout, based on the sketch shown below, I used a printed background paper and started layering on embellishments from the paper pack, chipboard letters, a doily, and some of the acetate embellishments used on the pocket page.

Another amazing journalling outline (I love the hand drawn look of these stamps!) and some fabulous stamped sentiments and hearts embellish my page!

I sprayed some Dylusions Spray Inks on some seam binding ribbon - I think this is my new favourite technique! and finished off the bottom of my photo!

I had sooo much fun creating this layout and using all these fantastic new stamps from the Celebrate Today and Any Better Than This stamp sets.  You will be able to purchase these and the other new stamp sets on October 22nd - but be sure to check the Pretty Cute Stamps blog each day to see another sneak peek look at more amazing sets!!

Thanks so much for joining me, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!











Linked to:
Stuck On You Sketches - sketch challenge














DL Art - Thankful Thursday Linky Challenge
613 Avenue Create - AG
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - O is for..... October Release!!

3 comments:

  1. What a precious creation! Love those beautiful embellishments and the great photos. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica is simply adorable! So little... Your layout has so happy colors! Love it!
    Eli for SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty take on the sketch Karla. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete