Monday, June 9, 2014

FCCB 214 - Celebrate Dad/ Masculine Project

 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!


Challenge #214 Celebrate Dad
Create a project for dad OR a masculine project

This Weeks Sponsor

$50.00 Giftcard to SVG Cuts and a BIG SHOT!


While you may use stamps, SVG cuts and die cuts, you must use at least 1 Cricut cut to qualify for the prize, please list the cut used in your description.

This is my project this week-

 I used some Simple Stories 6x6 paper for the wood-look background - love this stuff!! Then I cut the red diecut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and embossed it with a wood grain embossing folder.  I used the Heritage Cricut cartridge for the truck- which I embossed with a ruler folder and then sponged with Distress Ink, as well as the Father cut.  I actually welded the apostrophe and the S cuts onto this with my Gypsy, and used the Art Philosophy cartridge for the Happy and Day cuts, welding them together. I added a little Tim Holtz twill tape to the sides and a brushed pewter brad.


I tried a white gel pen to highlight the letters and like how they turned out!


Inside I used the amazing new Debossing folders from Tim Holtz! These are so cool.  I highlighted with some Distress Ink and used a notebook punch along the inside edge. 


I hope you will join us this week at FCCB! There is an amazing sponsor and prize this week, and the Design Team, as always, is so inspiring!!

Have a lovely week :)

Challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Father's Day/Masculine
DL Art- Thankful Thursday Linky Challenge

Happy Crafting!

Karla

2 comments:

  1. Super fathers day card Karla- Thanks for the inspiration on the FCC blog you all rocked this challenge- I love that you fiinished the inside to.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Karla, so cute, I love the embossing.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete