Monday, May 19, 2014

FCCB 211 - May Flowers

 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!


Challenge #211 May Flowers

This Weeks Sponsor
$15.00 Gift Certificate

~This Weeks Challenge~
May Flowers
Create a project that uses flowers

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.

For me, Spring truly is represented by flowers :) When I see the tulips finally poking through the ground, ready to open up, I know Spring is here! We have had a very long winter here in Alberta, Canada, and just two weeks ago a full weekend of snow.  I am ready for warmer weather to be sure.  I noticed some flowers ready to bloom outside my window today, but the best thing about Spring is the first dandelion of the season, brought in by my 2 year old, who handed me this little yellow flower saying "a flower for you, mommy".  I wouldn't trade that for anything!


For my project this week I used the Bloom Cricut cartridge to create a birthday card.  I created a background by shading watercolour pencils over watercolour paper and then painting with a waterbrush to blend the colours together.  I layered the cuts for the trellis and vine with flowers over top. The stamped sentiment is from CTMH.


 I painted the butterflies, cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge, and then drew on flutter lines with a black pen.


Inside, I cut out Celebrate Spring from the Bloom cartridge and cut off the 'Spring' part of the die cut. 


Be sure to check out the other amazing projects by the Design Team at FCCB and enter your own Flower project to win a fun prize!!

Challenges:
DL Art Thankful Thursday May Linky Challenge
Just B Creative Crazy - May Linky Challenge

Happy Crafting!

Karla

1 comment: