Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Party Time!

I started making some cards using supplies from my Valentine swap partner, Liz at Unik By Yes and just had to share.  It's funny, when I sit down with a specific set of supplies I get so many ideas - almost as if my creativity is better by not having an endless number of possibilities.

For this card I used the card base that already had these cute banners cut out of it.  I cut coloured card stock from the kit and placed it behind the banners and then added some baker's twine along the top.  I used the 'Party Time' stamp from the Popcorn the Bear stamp set by Crafter's Companion, which is adorable!


I used the Cricut cartridge, Savory to cut the plate with the same cardstock and then embossed it with a flower embossing folder.  I added the cute cupcake die cut that Liz sent, popped up on the plate.


For the inside I stamped the other sentiment included with the same Popcorn the Bear stamp set, and I die cut cutlery from the Savory cartridge.


Challenges -
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Tick Tock (Party "TIME")
DL Art - Thankful Thursday March Challenge - Anything Goes
Just B Creative - March Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
Our Badge

Happy Crafting!

Karla

4 comments:

  1. Your cupcake looks good enough to eat. and I love the way you did the banner.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun card. Love the way you did the banner and the cupcake looks great. I like the inside also. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the inside of your card....it make it so complete! Thanks for sharing this with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you made the Cupcake the focal point and the way you finished the banner, I might scrap lift this one too :) It is funny because the same thing happens to me, I need to narrow down my supplies before starting any project, otherwise I tend to change my mind constantly and end up wasting my precious supplies :?, gotta stop admiring my kit and start working with it, Thanks for the inspiration Karla!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete