Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Live, Laugh, Love

As I'm continuing to use the wonderful supplies that Liz sent me in our Valentine Swap I came up with this elegant card. I followed the March card sketch over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles - a wonderful blog to check out! Their theme this month is Laughter - so I wanted to include that as well.

At the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog the challenge this week is to use your favorite Cricut cut - mine would definitely be the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge! I used it to make the frame, banner and the heart cut that is inside the card.


On the top right corner I white heat embossed a swirl image.

I popped up the layered frame cuts around the image.  The card panel had a floral image embossed on it so I coloured the raised areas with a silver gel pen.

I silver heat embossed the sentiment on the banner and then hand drew stitching lines around the edge with a black pen.  After I swiped the edges with a blue H2O paint.

I silver heat embossed the heart sentiment on the white heart die cut and again added the stitching lines and blue H2O paint, swiping some in the middle of the bible verse.

Challenges -
Scrapping Everyday Miracles - March card sketch challenge & Laugh challenge

BBB2 - Use your favourite Cricut cartridge (Art Philosophy)


16 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. You picked some amazing paper and colors. I love the embossing on your card. I think I use the Art Philosophy cart on almost everything that I make. Great choice! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the detail of your beautiful card! The embossing is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty I love the elegance of the black and white and the embossing is so pretty.
    Thank you for entering the Bitten ByThe Bug 2 use your favorite cartridge challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the elegant black and white combination mixed with the embossing.
    Thanks for sharing with us at SEM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Karla!!! Your embossing looks amazing! LOVE the color scheme and you did an awesome job with the sketch! I need to get working on my cards from the swap too :) Thanks for sharing with us over at BBTB2 this week!!!

    Have a great day!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the sketch and theme. Love the elegant black and white. Thanks for playing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card!!! I love the color scheme. And the embossing is awesome! The heart with the Bible verse is fabulous. Your card is simply amazing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant card. Love the colour combo and embossing. Thank you for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an elegant and pretty card! I love the color combo and the embossing looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card !!! I love the embossing and the colors you used !!! Thank you so much for joining us at BBTB2 !!

    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the embossing-so beautiful! And the colors! Fabulous job :)
    Thanks for joining our BBTB2 challenge this week.
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Karla, this card is so pretty! Love the way you accentuated the embossing on the card base and how you incorporated the touch of color ! TFS
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. I love the way you color the embossing job! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles this month! Hope to see you again next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your pretty embossing Karla...so glad to have you join us this month at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at SEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty Card. Thanks so much for joining SEM March Challenge.

    ReplyDelete