Monday, March 17, 2014

FCCB Challenge 202 - Use The Colour Green

Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!


Challenge #202 Use the Color Green

This Weeks Sponsor
Be Wild and Free stamp set

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.

Here's my project-

I used the stamp set 'Enjoy The View' from Marks Finest (our sponsor!!) for the window and sentiment. I love this stamp! Since I was going for a spring feel for this card I backed the window with a floral paper, which was included in the Simon Says Stamp February card kit. 


I stamped the window on black cardstock with white embossing powder, cut out the panes and then stamped the swirly trim with Versamark and added Perfect Pearls.


The tree and flowers were cut with the Straight From The Nest Cricut cartridge. I added a dot of Stickles to the centre of the layered flowers after creasing them in the centre to give them dimension. 


The sentiment was stamped with green Distress Ink and then clear heat embossed. 


We have really been enjoying the warmer weather, and even though it is not THAT warm, I'm finally looking forward to seeing flowers poke out of the ground in the not too distant future!  

Hope you all have a fantastic week! 

Happy crafting! 

Karla



5 comments:

  1. Karla, this is fantastic! I love how you used that stamp set and the Cricut cut-lovely, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card Karla! I love the window you created and the 3d flowers are the perfect touch on the tree!! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Karla!!! Great idea of stamping onto black and using white embossing! TFS
    Have awonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming card! Love the papers and fantastic window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Karla! LOVE the window and the flowers make me want Spring to get here even quicker! Great job!

    Have a fabulous week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete