Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Peace - Trees and Snowflakes

I really like using non-traditional colours on my Christmas cards and Shari Carroll created a beautiful card for Day 4 of the Holiday Card Workshop 2013, featuring how to stretch your stamps. I used her beautiful card as inspiration to create my own card!

This week the Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog has a Mystery challenge.  So, I thought I'd show you my card and let you try to solve the 'mystery' of how I created it!


1) Stamp 3 trees on Ranger's Speciality Stamping Paper with archival ink
2) Stamp large and small snowflakes with Versamark and heat emboss with white embossing powder, partially covering the tree stamps
3) Stamp medium snowflakes with Versamark and heat emboss with Crystal embossing powder (it is clear, but sparkly, so stamp only on the white background.
4) Use a sponge to rub Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass all over the background of the Stamping Paper and then use Peacock Feathers around the edges, blending over the snowflakes well.
5) Stamp Peace sentiment with Versamark and heat emboss with Silver embossing powder.
6) Round 2 edges of the stamped piece and layer it on a card base with coordinating papers

Mystery Solved!

Hope you enjoyed :)

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, the snowflake backdrop is perfect to showcase your trees. Lovely colour palette too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Love the shimmery trees and snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete