Friday, October 11, 2013

Creative Chemistry 2 - Embossing Through Stencils

In this cool technique by Tim Holtz in his Creative Chemistry 2 class at Online Card Classes, Tim shows how to create an embossed resist through a stencil.  I love it!

I inked through the stencil with Distress Ink, then embossed with clear embossing, then sponged over with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, which highlights the cracks.  Then I sponged all over with Distress Inks - what a neat effect and awesome background this creates!


For my card I used the stencil embossing technique as above and then used the snowman blueprint stamp, which I coloured in, and the snowflake blueprint stamp over top of the background. I misted with water to soften the snowflakes, before I coloured in my snowman. I Distress Stained my ribbon and tied it to the front of the card.


How cute is this guy?!

The stenciled embossing looks almost soft and fluffy :)
 

I'm entering this card over at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge blog, where the challenge this week is to use a rubber or clear stamp!

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend! (in Canada ;)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Karla :-) the whole design is fabulous ! lovely colours too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snowflakes and blue, so I adore this card, Karla! Love how the embossed dots look so soft, almost like they are made of flower soft! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I popped in to see the Playing in Paradise, and saw this one. WOW love this card, so beautifully done. You have inspired me to try it on a layout. Keep smiling and creativing

    ReplyDelete