Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Picture Perfect

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday :) I wanted to share my Week 3, Day 1 card at Summer Card Camp 2, inspired by Kristina's one layer banner card.

I used a fun new stencil I picked up Monday, masked it off and used a sponge applicator with Distress Ink to apply the camera to my die cut background.  I first used watercolour paper, which I applied Distress Inks to and misted, layering until I got a look I liked.  I then used a Spellbinder's die to cut out my shape.  For the one layer banner I drew a banner shape which would fit around my sentiment (from the stencil) and cut it out with a craft knife.  I then applied my white Colorbox ink pad directly to my paper and when the ink was dry I sponged over the words.  I used a stitching stamp from CTMH to create the thread lines running up the card, masking off my banner.  I then used some foam dots to apply the die cut and used a white gel pen to create some stitching lines around the card.

I think I will do this again on a scrapbook page next!




No comments:

Post a Comment