Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Last Minute Easter projects

Well, even though Easter is past, I thought I'd share a couple last minute things I made.

I had some new Soufflé pens I wanted to try out and I am sooo happy with them! I actually had bought some Soufflé and Gelly Roll Glaze pens many years ago that had just never worked right. When I was recently doing some organizing I came across them and decided to email the company. They gave me some tips to try and said if that didn't work to package the defective pens up and return them, which I did. I then received two brand new sets in the mail! There had apparently been some issues with the pens at that time, but I can tell you the pens now are amazing!! They blend beautifully and I really like using them with a heat embossed image. It creates a beautiful raised filled in area that is so cool. I am extremely pleased with their customer service :)

For my tags I used the Soufflé pens, which create an opaque look, perfect for directly layering over a background. I smooched some Distress Inks on my craft mat, pink, yellow, green, and lavender, and then spritzed with water before dragging my tag through. I added some sponged Distress Ink around the edges till I was happy with the look and then heat set everything. You have to heat set or the embossing powder sticks to everything! I heat embossed a cute Easter image from a CTMH stamp set I love and then coloured in the image with my pens. On some parts I coloured in with two pens and while the ink is wet it blends very nicely. You just have to set them aside to dry for 5-10 minutes and they turn opaque!


I added some washi tape and a layer of two flowers and a bunny button tied with floss to my large tag.


For my card I did the tag background as above and then layered it on a card I embossed with my Cuttlebug. I found a cute Easter picture from one of Tim Holtz's paper packs and popped it up with foam tape. Easy-peasy!


Amie decorated some eggs for Easter and was very excited to set them out at dinner for family. I cut a strip of cardstock and glued it in a circle to set the egg upright in, and Amie flattened a mini cupcake liner to place them on - her idea! I also found a stash of random things in treat bags she gathered together for us; cute!



 
Have a wonderful week!
 
Challenges: Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous tags! The backgrounds are gorgeous and the images so sweet! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete