Thursday, November 8, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop Day 1

I signed up for the amazing Holiday Card Workshop over at Online Card Classes, and it is awesome! So many fabulous ideas and wonderful video tutorials!!

On day 1 there were two cards featured- the first is a cute 3x3 card and envelope. I used green cardstock topped with a square of plaid Christmas paper, with a stamped rectangle featuring a Hero Arts Christmas owl set, which I coloured with Prismacolor markers. I used 2 small hearts and chalk ink for a little border and stamped faux red stitching across the top and bottom. Lastly I embossed a snowflake, cut it out and popped it up with foam tape.

 
I didn't have the score board to create the envelope as the instructions suggested, so I cut a piece of 5x5 paper, laid the card in the center of it, diagonally, and traced around it.  Then I scored the lines and folded the corners in, attaching 3 with washi tape and rounding the corner of the envelope flap. Perfect!
 
Hope you enjoyed these cute cards and be sure to check out this wonderful class!

No comments:

Post a Comment