Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Can't believe it's been 7 years this past weekend! I am so blessed to be married to a wonderful man and have an amazing life!! This year Erica is only 8 months old, so it's the first year we aren't 'childless' for an anniversary event. She is suffering from some separation anxiety (how can you have separation anxiety from someone you don't let out of your site!?) so we decided for everyone's peace of mind not to subject her and others to a night of crying.  We had a lovely day Monday all together as a family and went out to Moxie's at the local mall for lunch, where, in true parent with children in tow fashion, we wolfed down some food and tried to avoid a meltdown, while asking for our bill before we were finished our entrees! It was a great lunch though, and we headed off to the park for a walk and Amie rode her bike.  The weather was beautiful and she had lots of fun playing at the playground.  Next year will be different, but I wouldn't change anything and love my amazing family and fantastic husband :)

Scrapbookers' Paradise has a sketch challenge this week, which worked perfectly for the anniversary card I created, stealing a couple ideas from Diane's Toonie Thursday card, which I'll post later.  As usual, I love using Tim Holtz Distress Inks and got out my Spellbinder's die cuts.  I had a ticket stamp and used that along with the inside stamp from Kaisercraft and a 'love' stamp set from CTMH.


2 comments:

  1. Great take on the challenge! Love the colours and that awesome ticket pocket. Thanks for Playing in Paradise this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! Super use of distress inks (you make me wanna pull mine out)! Thanks for playing at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

    ReplyDelete