Tuesday, January 11, 2011

3 piece project

I wanted to make an 8x10 project that I could frame. After I cut 4" off the 12x12 sheet of cardstock I had a 6x4 folded card, which I cut a little over 1/2" off, and a 8x2 bookmark.
I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the "with love" and highlighed it with a gold pen; the white background heart was emossed with white embossing powder; the heart near the bottom was stamped with distress ink, overstamped with versamark and clear embossing powder, and then rubbed with red distress ink into the open areas.

I used a Tim Holtz snowflake mask with gesso applied overtop for the background; after it dried I overstamped with a writing stamp; I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the tag and highlighted with paint; I used the 1/2" portions I cut off of the bottom of the card to place across the card and tag after stamping a saying with white embossing powder; and I used the white embossing powder again on the heart and bottom of the tag.

I used a snowflake stamp and white embossing powder for the background; I applied a Tim Holtz snowman mask to a white piece of cardstock and used his distress inks in China blue and Pumice stone around the edges and placed it above a piece of lace that extends across the width; "let it" is embossed with white embossing powder, and the word "snow" is stickers; I covered a round piece of chipboard with the China blue ink and covered it with stickles and put a snowflake brad in the center.

My daughter wanted to add the red bow for this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment